Utah Wind Activities
This page summarizes wind activities in Utah.
State Wind Working Groups form strategic alliances to communicate wind's benefits and challenges to state stakeholders.
Anemometer data can help businesses, farmers, homeowners, and municipalities determine whether there is enough wind energy at a site to make a wind turbine investment economically feasible. Such data can also aid windfarm developers in determining whether an area is suitable for developing a large, utility-scale wind plant.
The wind map can be used as a guide to identify regions for commercial wind development.
This guide provides consumers with information to help them determine whether a small wind electric system can provide all or a portion of the energy they need for their home or business based on their wind resource, energy needs, and economics.
- And the Winner Is: Wind Uprising, a Wind Powering America Success Story
- Utah Model Wind Energy Ordinance
- Economic Benefits, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Emissions Reductions, and Water Conservation Benefits from 1,000 Megawatts (MW) of New Wind Power in Utah
- Milford High School Turns Windy into Windustry
- Utah Incentives and Policies for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE Database)
More Wind Activities in Utah
Links to websites such as state programs.
List of WINDExchange initiative-related past events.
School Wind Projects
Utah has some schools with wind projects.
- Cedar City, Three Peaks Elementary School
- Magna, Cyprus High School
- Milford, Milford Elementary School
- Milford, Milford High School
- South Jordan, River's Edge School
- South Weber, South Weber Elementary School
Utah has some schools with educational programs or trainings.
- Cedar City, Southwest Applied Technology College
- Logan, Utah State University
- Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Community College
Total of 24 records found.
Page 5 of 5, Sorted by descending state
Filtered by: State
|Date||State||Type of Information||Program Area||Title|
||Making Green More Macho [..More]|
|Wind Development as 'Sustainable Entrepreneurship' [..More]|
||New Reports Provide Economic Analyses of Potential Wind Development in Utah [..More]|
||First Wind Turbine in Army Begins Generating Energy at Utah's Tooele Army Depot [..More]|