School Wind Project at Mt. Edgecumbe High School
Here you will find information about the school wind energy project at Mt. Edgecumbe High School. You can locate other school wind projects for K-12, community colleges, universities, and more on our Google Map.
Mt. Edgecumbe High School
Commission Date: December 15, 2010
Wind Powering America. "Alaska Installs Third Wind for Schools Turbine." (December 15, 2010.)
- U.S. Coast Guard donated the wind turbine at approximately $8,000 and provided in-kind assistance with planning and installation
- Mt. Edgecumbe High, $4,000
- City of Sitka Electrical Department, $5,000
- Southwest Windpower, 40% discount on the tower and foundation
- Lynden Cargo, free shipping
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project, $1,000 donation toward the turbine cost
- Sitka Ready Mix, in-kind donations
- Jacoby Construction, in-kind donations
Math and physics teacher Matt Hunter championed the project after seeing a newspaper advertisement for the Wind for Schools project.
Project Content Last Updated: April 25, 2012